10 ways to start (and maintain!) a good new year!Posted: December 17, 2011
The best way to have a good year is by living life fully on a daily basis, and by letting the good days accumulate, one by one. And it doesn’t have to be New Year’s Day to make the resolution to have a good year. Start anytime. Today, for instance.
1. Take time and slow down. Be mindful of the present moment.
2. Care for your body. Eat well, exercise, treat yourself to loving, nurturing self-care.
3. Spend quality time with family and friends. Communicate, keep in touch. Say “I love you.” Tell people you appreciate them.
4. Take time to renew yourself. Take a walk, get a massage, read a good book, listen to music. Retreat from your daily routine.
5. Clean up what needs to be cleaned up. Make amends, fix what’s broken, clear away clutter, forgive what needs to be forgiven and let go.
6. Commit to a project you really want to do. Learn something new, or go for what you want. Set achievable goals and work toward them every day.
7. Give yourself to a cause. Volunteer at a nonprofit, community group, a place of worship, or lend a hand to an individual or family who could use your help.
8. Practice your spirituality. In whatever form you express it, practice daily.
9. Laugh every day.
10. Take time to dream. What will make this a great year?
Click the “Comments” button to share your own tips!